Saturday, June 25, 2011

Whew, what a day!
We just got back to Cindy's place after a really long but really awesome day. First off, we were planning to wake up at 8.30 am, but after staying at eric and sally's until 2am, we figured we had better sleep. So we woke up at 10.30ish when alba called me (thank goodness she did, we would have still been sleeping!). I got ready to go, and while Gab was showering, I met Anneka (sp?) and chatted with her for a bit with her. What a lovely girl! After, petra called and said we had better not go to wimbledon because people were already camping out for tomorrow's tickets, and today's were long sold out. So instead we decided to go into london and go to all the places we had missed. We ended up at Westminster Abbey at around 2pm. Even though I've been a few times, I still really enjoy it! Gab was so cute... she almost started crying when we walked in. I walked over to the cloister thingie and pretended I was princess Kate walking down the aisle. Corny, but true :)
After westminster, we hauled booty over to the British museum. We only had like an hour there, and we each ran around the museum separately. I saw cleopatra, the rosetta stone, and lots of greek pottery like the ones I studied in archeology las year. It was super cool, but after 5 hours of museum-ing and walking around we were pretty pooped. So we took the tube over to covent garden, got some paella and watched the crowds.
Then we remembered we hadn't gone to Buckingham palace where the queen lives! So we decided to walk there, but it was A LOT farther than we had anticipated. By the time we got there our feet and legs were so tired, we practically collapsed at the gates like people on a pilgrimage falling who had finally reached their destination. I got a picture of us at the palace before my camera died. We caught a taxi back to waterloo station, and took the train to Guildford to meet alba, her boyfriend, and her friend Marieta for dinner at a portuguese restaurant in town. It was really really good and we had a great time. At one point, an aventura song came on, and marieta and I started dancing bachata in the middle of the restaurant! hahaha it was so much fun :) Then we all walked back to the train station and waited for the train. When it was time for us to go, gab and I had to run to make the train. We said our quick double-kiss goodbyes and hopped on the train... and marieta and alba came running after us, waving and laughing! It was so much fun!! I had a really great time with them, they are all such great company.
Tonight we have to pack up and get everything ready to catch a taxi at 5am for our flight tomorrow at 6:50am. Super early, but I'm just hoping we can get some sleep. It's been such a great trip in england, I can't wait to see what greece has to offer!!
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment